Brace Yourself for the Ultimate Smile!
Bernard Chang DDS, MS, orthodontics exclusively a professional corporation
- Wear your retainers full time, until Dr. Chang gives you the OK to stop.
- Take your retainers out when eating…and always put them in their case! Most retainers are lost in school lunchrooms or restaurants.
- Clean retainers thoroughly once a day with a toothbrush and toothpaste. Use warm, but not hot, water. Brushing retainers removes the plaque and eliminates odors. Efferdent or other orthodontic appliance cleaners can be used but these are not substitutes for brushing.
- You may find it difficult to speak at first. Practice speaking, reading, or singing aloud to get used to your retainers faster.
- Retainers are breakable, so treat them with care. If yours are lost or broken, call us immediately.
- If you have any questions about your retainers, or they need adjusting, call us. Please don't try to adjust them yourself.
- Always bring your retainers to your appointments.
- Remove retainers when swimming.
- Keep retainers away from hot water, hot car dashboards, pockets, the washing machine, and napkins.
- Retainer replacement is expensive…with proper care they will last for years!
Return to top